Main Features of GatherPlace
- Cross-platform Host Support: The service can be used irrespective of the underlying operating system. Mac OS X, Windows and other client OS are supported with equal ease.
- Web-based clients for guests to login to an on-going session and co-present content
- Desktop sharing and viewing: Both full and select applications
- Optional install for guests
- Free website integration and annotation tools to access and highlight select content during the course of presentations and webinars
- Facility to support and control remote operations allowing for remote sales presentations, and hands-on demos
- Private and public chat options using the GatherPlace chat tool to answer queries
- Basic and advanced teleconferencing facilities
- Provision to record and playback conference sessions and webinars
In addition, the service also allows for smooth conduct of meetings and webinars with GatherPlace ‘hand-raising feature’ to indicate which participant will be heard during at any given time.
Who Is This Web Conferencing Tool For?
GatherPlace service is suitable for both individuals and businesses for:
- Conducting webinars or web broadcasts
- Reaching out to remote staff, customers, suppliers, and resellers in a business network located across geographies, handling remote sales presentations and demos in real time
- Organizing online meetings and collaborative team efforts to improve service levels and throughput times
- Addressing distance learning and remote training needs in both educational and business sectors
Plans and Pricing
GatherPlace is available in both basic and premium variants, with advanced teleconferencing and session recording features being available in the premium version. A 14-day free trial is available, and discounts are offered. Service requests may also be cancelled anytime without any penalty.
Plans and pricing are based on the number of guests participating in the session (max 2,000), the type of account (single or multi-user) and the number of concurrent sessions that may be needed on a monthly basis.
Is GatherPlace Easy to Use?
GatherPlace is easy to use and can be hosted on any Mac System or Windows PC, and supports most of the client browsers. The service offers unlimited hosting and remote customer support for as low as $29 per month for a single user account that can reach out to 5 guests.
The GatherPlace website helps users decide on a suitable plan and check the prices before opting for the service. The company has an entire customer support section on its website where you can get in touch with its team via live chat or email.